YOUTH & ADULT STUDENTS – If you already purchased a pass, GREAT! You do not need to do anything. If you have not yet purchased your student’s pass, you have two options:
* Order online BY September 17th – Click HERE for the Area’s Pass options
* Order online AFTER September 17th – We will be sending out instructions to receive our school pricing once the Area shares that with us. (Remember, school pricing is the same as the current tier, so waiting until after the 17th won’t save any money. But the school pricing will save you some money once the next price tier goes into effect.)
LEADERSHIP & JR ASSISTANTS – If you have someone participating in Leadership or Jr. Assisting we will send a different email about their passes as soon as we get the information from the area.
WHAT PASS SHOULD I BUY? – Great question! For most students the LTD Pass is sufficient. Exceptions:
- Children under 7 have only one pass option- Unlimited.
- The LTD pass is not valid at Alpental on weekends, so if you plan to have family ski days at Alpental on weekends the Unlimited Pass is the way to go, or you can buy daily lift ticket upgrades if you are not going regularly.
- Some of our most advanced ski classes may take trips to Alpental. In these cases, daily upgrades can be purchased, or you can upgrade your child’s pass to Unlimited once you know the classes plan for the season. Instructors will communicate if that is applicable to their class.
The XPass is only for midweek use, and the Nordic pass is only valid for Nordic trails. So neither of these passes are what you want.
The Area encourages everyone to order their passes as early as possible. This allows them time to print and mail passes to everyone. It also helps to avoid the last minute headaches and chaos. Student pass prices will increase after Dec 16th.
We encourage season passes vs daily lift tickets. Having a pass attached to your student’s Powderpig Parka is the easiest and most efficient way to go. This helps avoid accidentally forgetting the pass at home or in the car after lunch. Buying a pass also means you don’t need to remember to bring cash/check to purchase daily lift tickets, or stand in lift ticket lines. All in all, we have learned over the years that the pass is just easier all the way around. Like the Area, we also encourage you to order your passes as early as possible. As winter progresses and we get closer to the start of lessons, the guest services lines are awful. Save time, stress and avoid the hassle by ordering your passes early.